Sunday, July 31, 2011

Filled week and weekend.

This has been a full week. IKEA finally opened here in CO and I wanted to go Wednesday, opening day. But I didn't get someone to work my shift. Even though I had asked Lea and Dr. Willhoit was all excited for me. He even suggested I call his wife and go with her. Anyhow, after looking at the schedule I was more or less talked into taking Friday am off and go then. Friday looked fairly empty with Dr. Colvin leaving early and Dr. Willhoit having no surgeries. So Friday it was.

As it was also the first day of school for the boys it turned out to be a girls day out. I dropped off two VERY excited boys at Atlas Prep. And then I and the girls got on our way to IKEA. As I have no watch, I don't know when we arrived, but we were ushered in to the parking garage and got in line for the free breakfast. The free part was only the scrambled eggs, bacon and hash brown, and Sophia was the only one that agreed to eat that. I chose Gravad Lax, Both girls also wanted French Toast sticks and they split a huge cinnamon roll. I also grabbed a bowl of Lingonberry yogurt. And then we sat down to eat. I also had some lingonberry juice to drink:-D Even though I went off my diet for this, it was worth it!

Again, as I didn't know what time it was, I decided to skip the showroom part and we went straight downstairs to the actual store part. I grabbed the things I knew I wanted. Like towels, stake knives, drinking glasses and then in the furniture self serve part I grabbed the dresser and the kitchen shelf. Pictures to follow. We ended up in line again for checkout and while waiting in line I sent the girls over to the food store to see what they had there. I told the girls what to look for. After I was done checking out, I had the girls watch the cart so I could grab the food items. I got a bag of daim for work, and a bag of toffee candy strings, also for work. A small mandel tarta to bring in on Wednesday ( Wew free Wednesday)and I also got some marabou chocolate and Ahlgrens cars for Rich.

After that we went back to the car, loaded everything and drove home. Got home by 1:15 - just in time for me to get to work. And work was exactly as slow as we had thought.. So I wasn't missed that much I think. Dr. Willhoit was pleased for me, that I had gotten to go. He did joke, saying this store must be like my 'mother ship'. I guess, it is the closest to Sweden I'll get this year. For sure.

The evening ended with Richards sister Gretchen, her husband Rick and their daughter Catey and Rich's brother Ron coming over for dinner. They have been on a crazy half arount the US trip and decided to stop for the night here in Colo Spgs. So they had dinner with us, salsa chicken, and then checked into their hotel. The hotel had a pool so we all went there to swim and then Catey stayed the night with us. Sophia, Amanda and Catey stayed up til 2 am talking and having fun. Not often they get to spend time with a cousin.

Sat. I just slept and did grocery shopping. Nothing to exhausting. Oh, I did put the furniture together also.

Today it is church and then it is back to school for Amanda also tomorrow. This year Atlas will have late start every Monday. So not until 9:30. So I will get the kids and myself ready and drop them and go straight to work. I am excited for them, this year can only be a good year. We have come so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment